Managing your own property can be rewarding, but it takes some experience and expertise to do so successfully. As one of the leading Fontana property management firms, The LaBrada Group has helped many property owners see the most return on their investment, which is why we want to offer some insight here.
Below you’ll find some important terms and things to consider if you’re planning on investing in your very own property.
Property Management & Rental Terminology to Be Familiar With
- Co-Signer: An additional person who signs a lease or mortgage to provide a level of surety to the landlord, in addition to certifying the identity of the primary owner.
- Broker: A professional who sells property and real estate for others on a commission basis. They must be licensed in the state where they reside.
- Landlord-Tenant Law: A law outlining the duties and responsibilities of landlords and tenants that includes respecting the property and preserving its value on part of the tenant, and their responsibility to provide possession of the property on part of the landlord.
- Long-Term Rental: A lease often with a rental period that’s longer than one year.
- Property Management Agreement: An agreement in which the landlord clarifies and agrees upon the responsibilities, services, and payments that will be provided by a landlord or property management company.
Tips for Hiring a Property Management Company
For those considering outsourcing their property management, finding the best company is important. Some easy tips for finding a reliable Fontana property management company are:
- Referrals: One of the best ways to find a good property management company is through referrals. Ask fellow property owners if they have any ideas on who to contact. Tell them your needs and see if they can provide any suggestions.
- First Impressions: First impressions are everything, so consider the one you get when meeting with a potential property management company. Do they understand your needs? Did they make you feel comfortable? Remember, your tenants will be dealing with them regularly.
- Services: The most important thing is choosing a property management company that can meet your needs. They should be knowledgeable about the property they’re managing and have experience managing such a property previously.
Contact The LaBrada Group for property management in Fontana
The LaBrada Group makes it easy for our clients by providing top property management services. Whether you’re looking for tenant placement or full-service management solutions, we can accommodate you, so contact us online today or call (909) 981-3500.